Sunday, March 29, 2009

3 technology complaints.

#1. Do not use your cell phone when you are blocking something. Don't argue with your wife on the phone when you are between me and the coffee at QT. Don't talk to your boss while I am behind you at the Red light.
#2. Stop texting people when you are in the middle of a conversation. If I am trying to fill out an insurance form, wait until I'm finished talking before you text your bff about what happened last night.
#3. After 10 pm there should be three or four hard steps to sending an email. This is a personal problem. See there was a time when we would drunk dial. Then we got older and outgrew it. Not long ago I joined Myfaceter. It makes it too easy to send out drunk emails to old friends. Like the old drunk calls the subject has to do with why I was drinking and how much.
The most common ones are 'I Love You Forever and you make life good'. There are 2 people who get these regularly and one is a dude. Then sometimes people get the 'I Love You and Think you are Wasting Your Life'. These are always followed by periods of coolness in the relationship.
But for the most part they are understanding. Much more understanding than back in the day when you had to wake up to hear it.
So either I have to stop drinking or we need to make emails harder to send after 10 pm. Let me tell you if going cold turkey off the Devil Wine is anything like quiting the smokes, it's best to make the emails harder.
You don't want to see that again.

No comments: